Sunday, August 12, 2007

Anthropology and Web 2.0

Videos belong on YouTube and not in blogs, but this one simply demands to be posted it captures the excitement of IT and the web, it shouts out that Web 2.0 is here inside of us it takes moving pictures frees them from there shackles, injects them with life and bids them sing a new song.

About a year or so ago having just gotten my first computer and starting out into the cyber age, I recall this great sense of awe, this feeling of having all that I desire laid out before me, this feeling of pioneering excitement of inexhaustible adventure and it is this sense of wonderment which has been so very brilliantly captured in this video.


I still think it is amazing, to be able to communicate and exchange our lives with one another the way we do today and it has motivated me to undertake a diploma in IT so that I can gain the knowledge to work these tools and tend the fire of our times.

When I was living by myself sometimes I would feel lonely one thing that would always cheer me up would be reading some great anthropology blogs like antropologi.info
They gave me a sense of belonging and of company in this vast sea of life.

It was with great pleasure that I stumbled upon this video it reminded me of some of those first Ethnographic waves I caught as I first learned to surf. The video is not really about anthropology, well it is, but only in so far as it explorers this great Communal Tool that has captivated our culture.
Enjoy



I encourage you to send comments and compliments to Mike Wesh
Who is responsible for this great work.

No comments: