Saturday, August 11, 2007

Task8 part 2 Writeboard

Collaborative tools such as writeboard are surprisingly enough great for collaborating on a team project. The advantages writeboard offers are numerous. Any team member can contribute to the project at whatever time suits them, and they can easily leave a message if there is something that needs to be discussed before work continues on the project.There is therefore no need to set aside a time that everybody can be available to work on the project, before it can move ahead, and this can potentially save a lot of time.

One of the things that I liked most about working with writeboard was being able to just start putting words down and knowing that even if what I write is not suitable for the final copy it is still useful as a foundation to build upon, either by myself or by one of my colleagues when they in turn are working on the project.Obviously this goes the same for other members of the team, at one point in creating the policy I found that I was out of inspiration so I left the project for a day came back and reading up on what my colleagues had written felt inspired with fresh ideas and insight, this allowed me to continue on past tat sticking point.It is said that two heads are better than one, and the saying certainly runs true with Writeboard.

This was the first time that I had encountered a Textile and I found this textile reference
to be an excellent introduction to what looks like a fascinating method of marking up text, with a little bit of practice writing web based marked up documents should be a breeze, the difference that a little bit of formatting can make is really quite remarkable.

Having a "humane web based text generator" greatly contributes to the utility of Writeboard
because semantic markup helps to give meaning to a document and there is no steep learning curve.To gain a working knowledge of a textile language only takes a few minutes initially and as you go along you can easily build upon your skills. This is important so that even people with little computer knowledge can easily contribute to a web base document and provide input that speaks semantically.



Would I use Writeboard again? I most certainly would and already have an upcoming project in mind that may well see me gaining further textile experience, actually it probably does not really need to be used for this project and may be a little bit of overkill but I will try and incorporate it in nonetheless because as you may have guessed I am now quite the Writeboard Fan Boy.

No comments: